Saturday, January 23, 2010

Blogging....

So last night I stayed up late to watch a movie on On Demand. My husband is gone out of town and so I decided to watch Julie & Julia. If you haven't seen this movie I highly recommend it. I had ephihany ( I think that's how you spell it) watching the show. I know that we all have goals, something to get accomplished like for me my everyday goals are to lose weight (whose isn't right?) Anyway exercise, try to eat better, write, pray, read daily. So yeah daily goals plus a dream of a long term goal. Well as she was of course blogging her daily info in the movie, I thought this movie is very inspirational for me I need to find a purpose for me. Not just to be a Mom or a Wife and a maid and of course everything else that'sin the title of MOM; but something that I really love to do for me. I love to scrap book, but it takes a lot of time of course and a lot of space, that right now time isn't the issue so much but space is so I have to do it once in awhile. But I do love to cook, I do even though at times I don't want to I do. I have set a goal for me to cook everynight (except for Friday and Saturday) so Monday thru Thursday and for the past three weeks I have done that. We have saved money not going out so much and has helped us in our marriage. But the reason I did that was to save money. Also the reason I take the weekends off is because we have a date night every Friday night, then ususally Saturday we just see what to do for dinner. Now I have a new desire I want to find something for me to do that I love that I really really truely want to do. Maybe take a cooking class, or a quilting class or I don't know. So I have been thinking that I will work on that for me continue to cook for my family everynight and do my daily goals but now I am searching for a worth while goal, that maybe I can make a little extra cash at. That would help us and especially help me. Don't get me wrong I love my family, I have a great husband and a wonderful kid who bring me lots of joy! I am very blessed to have them and all that I have. I just want to figure out something for me sounds selfish, let's face it we all need to be a little selfish once in awhile. Helps us grow. So I write this to help me get started and start figuring out what I need to do! So I hope you all have a great day, cause I know that I am going to! p.s. forgive me if I spelled something wrong. Not perfect right?

3 comments:

Rose said...

Nice Rach! I hope you find your niche! I love doing what I do! The key is to balance all the good things and not let one thing dominate your life. Don't be afraid to try lots of different things. I did genealogy, put together a family history, do racquetball, temple, get togethers with friends and family, missionary work, kid stuff and try to keep learning new stuff along the way.

Rachel Elison said...

Good idea thanks Rose!!!

kim said...

Good luck! I am constantly trying out new stuff that seems interesting to know how to do. I'm sure you'll find a bunch of stuff you love!